Notice Regarding Changes in AmiAmi's New Shopping Cart System
- (updated Dec 20, 2011)
Thank you for your continued support of AmiAmi.
A new shopping cart has been implemented on our website and we would like to give a simple explanation of the changes.
- Regarding the new login
- Customers will be able to log into our website using the same login ID (e-mail address) and password as before.
- To increase security, we have added a security question which must be answered when retrieving password information. Please set your question and answer in your customer information when logging in.
- Accounts that have not placed an order within the past year have not been migrated to the new system for security reasons. Please re-register using the same information if your account falls under this category.
- For customers who cannot login using their old ID and password or register a new account, it is possible that your account data included characters that could not be migrated to the new system. Please contact us if you have any trouble.
- My Account
- Customers are now able to edit their customer information and view their orders by logging in.
- We have introduced new features such as automatic combination of orders. Please refer to the FAQ for more information.
- Credit card payments
- We are excited to announce that we are now able to accept credit card payments.
- For customer safety, all credit card transactions are handled by a professional payment agency and no credit information is stored on our website.
- AmiAmi Points
- We have implemented a new point system where 1 point can be redeemed for 1 JPY.
- We apologize for the inconvenience but orders placed on the old system will not accumulate points.
- Points are generally accumulated at the rate of 1 point for every 100 JPY spent, excluding shipping and fees.
- Points for an order will be distributed approximately 17 days after order shipment.
- In the future, we may offer some special items that accumulate points at a higher rate
- Automatic combine/split orders
- Orders for multiple items will now be automatically combined/split by month during checkout.
- With the new Combine Orders by Month option, customers can have their new orders automatically combined with their designated monthly order.
- Customers can easily combine their orders by month using the following settings:
1. Turning ON the Automatic Combine Setting in their customer information.
2. Using the Combine Orders by Month setting under the My Account page.
- Sale of pre-owned items
- We have begun the sale of pre-owned items. We aim to offer customers items that cannot be procured new from manufacturers.
- Pre-owned items will be clearly marked in product title. Items that are not marked as pre-owned are brand new.
There are other new features aside from those mentioned above. Please refer to our FAQ for more information.